Saturday, September 27, 2008

An Ohio-Florida Transplant


Well, as most of you know, the middle of August brought about a big change for me!! After 19 years of Buckeyedom, I became a Gator....... Hardly :) I still wear my crimson n gray proudly, much to the disgust of many of the locals!



I'm going to try to update this periodically throughout the semester to keep you allupdated of my progress... or lack thereof :)



So far, I have been fitting into the college life quite well! 7:30 classes every day are making me a much better person... Many of our evenings here at Hobe Sound Bible College are spent outside, mostly at the courts where we have two volleyball nets, a nice softball field, basketball court, and two racquetball courts.


I hope to be adding pictures, and perhaps a few videos on here so that you all can see the great education and spiritual progress we make every day here at Hobe Sound :)


Actually, with that being said in a slightly sarcastic way, the atmosphere down here is amazing! We just finished school revival with Rev. Hynes of Idaho about two weeks ago. Even though our Freshmen class was still new and settling in, we all opened ourselves up to what Bro. Hynes had to say, and we were all greatly blessed by it! Some of the services were so greatly filled with the Spirit, that there was no need for a long sermon at all. There was probably a few hours worth of time spent around the altar in that week of services. I counted them and I believe from one Sunday to the next I was in 14 services, but they were by far the most enjoyable and enriching sequence of services I have ever encountered!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Living here at the dorms is a great way to get to meet many new people! Unfortunately for one girl, she did not quite discover my love for pranks before she left! All of us are offered a lock and key for our rooms, but she did not accept this before she left for the weekend! Actually, she has not yet returned to see her dorm that I so lovingly decorated with 400 sq feet of seran wrap :) :)

5 comments:

Dani said...

OH dear

LJL said...

OK, maybe we failed in our upbringing of you. Be good!

Regi said...

Uh...I think I might shoot you myself!!! I like the volleyball!!!

AllyLavy said...

Well, the girl found it this morning at about 1:30 when I was sleeping soundly!! I was rudely awakened by her pouncing on me from a deep sleep and then tickling me! Then i flpped back n went to sleep, I hardly remember it but they all said I as only half there hehe

Janella Thompson said...

boy you are living the college life. Have fun and try to be good. I have a good prank that was done on me...and then I returned the favor. Let's just say I about wet the bed. LOL